:: D'Nash UK ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: D'Nash UK ::

The D'Nash UK Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Controversial Questions

Go down 
+4
marcella
Danielle
ChicaBonita
punkred
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

Controversial Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Has anyone else got any questions they feel need answering?

They don't even have to be huge ones, like the ones discussed above, but if you've just always wanted to know something...then don't be afraid to ask Smile

Like, yeah, I was thinking this morning (well..and the other day) is there a word to describe someone who has lost their sense of smell? because there is one for the loss of other senses: sight - blind, sound - deaf, speech - mute

So yeah, anyone any ideas or questions? Smile
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 pm

LOL that's so random, but a good question!... my mum's lost most of her sense of smell Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveandlovemusic.com
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 pm

It's called Anosmia my amazing friend knew it...he's so cool! And random..but yeah. I'm really glad (far too glad) that I know that. And I thought I'd share it with all of you too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:57 am

ok, so several months down the line from the last post im going to think out loud for a few moments - i apologise in advance if no one understands what i am about to write - i might not even understand myself!!

So... school being the best days of your life?? In my experience, definitely!! I finished my a-levels in the summer and can look back on my school days with so much happiness. i know it isnt the same for everyone! i went through some horrible stuff at home during my school years and so school was a place to get away from home (ironic that?!) and really enjoy myself and be me!

Aliens? I honestly don't know but I think if there is life out there either we will find it quite soon with all the technology advances and stuff, or we arent meant to find it!

And as to the meaning of life? Well... I'm not gonna try and convert you all: seriously I dont believe in anyone pressuring anyone else to believe what they dont want to but I am a Christian and so I believe that God has put each of us on the Earth for a purpose, and through Jesus dying on the cross for us, we are able to have a relationship with God and find out what that purpose is.

Feel free to disagree with me - I love debating and thrashing out thoughts and ideas with other people!!

Anyhoo... thats just my two penny worth!

Am loving this topic by the way! (and sorry that ive just written an essay!!)
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm a Christian, and I believe in God too - and I consider his plan for us - fate to be true. Even if most of the time we can't see the reasons behind why things happen at that time - especially the bad things.

I now wonder: If you had the opportunity to look into your future and see what happens, would you?

And, that's now made me think, If fate doesn't exist (as some people believe) then what is deja vu?

Would really appreciate hearing your views Smile
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Wouldn't want to see into the future because then you wouldn't be able to live each day as it came...because you'd always know what's to come.
Back to top Go down
Beth
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:22 am

I'm an atheist and I don't beleive in fate. I think whatever happens in life is our own decisions and at any point our path can change. Nothing is planned out, its all down to us. As for deja vu, I think its just a random human sense that is triggered by an emotion or physical upbringing at that point in time.

As for seeing into the future, well, in some aspects I would like to see if I do well in life, I've got a nice house, family, job etc but at the same time if I did see this then where would the fun be in life? Knowing what I would get, all my aspirations being completed in the blink of an eye? In the same sense, if this was to happen it would mean I'd be so sure of what was going to happen to me I might be more laid back and not work so hard to acheive it, and then I would end up the complete opposite to what I had thought I would get. So really, I think seeing into the future would be generally impossible because it would have to take in account of all the changes in our minds, something far more complex than a human brain would only be able to do this - and the human brain is the thing that creates it.

Man, I miss all these types of questions - I should have taken R.E!
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:12 pm

If you had the opportunity to look into your future and see what happens, would you?
I think i would... Especially recently with the end of the school year coming up, and the fact that i'm going to be leaving all my friends i've wanted to see where we would all be in 10 years time. Being faced with descisions such as which subjects to choose etc. i wanted to know if they were the right decisions. I think it would be cool to see if i made the right choices. I do think Beth has some valid points, that if my life was great then i might be tempted to be a bit more laid back when it came to work. If i was faced with the actual decision right now, i think i would. Just for the fun of it. Laughing

I like to think i believe in fate, but only to some extent. However, i think this is a way of me trying to make myself feel better when it comes to exams and things. I'm not sure if a whole path is lined out for us though... I dunno. Laughing Im not in i thinking mood really. lol I think that deja vu is reaaaally wierd. I think it might be something to do with dreams, like the dreams which we dont remember or something. I have no idea, but it would be cool to find out what it actually is. Smile

Good questions Rhiannon!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:41 am

I do believe in fate, as I believe that's what makes deja vu possible. I can understand why people would say they wouldn't want to look into the future because then they might not work as hard, but do you not think that maybe if you knew you were gonna do well, then you'd work hard to make sure you did. If you looked into the future and were gonna do well, but then stopped working for it. Then it would no longer be your future. As I believe in fate, I believe looking into your future would have taking into account the fact that you had looked...if you understand my meaning.

I think, if i was faced with this decision, I would ask to see my future, but then for it to be erased from my mind (yes, because that's now possible in my world!) just so that i would know that i had taken up the chance of seeing it.

What would happen, thought, if you looked into your future and it wasn't as you had expected (e.g. not as good). Depending on your personality, i suppose, you would either work harder in the hope of fate not existing and you being able to change it, or just not bother with this life at all.

Although actually that's just made me realise I didn't specify if you saw all of your future...what if you could just see one point in it. Right, new question: If you could see one point in your future, which would it be? And why? (e.g. at a particular age or a particular life style change (going to Uni, getting your first house/job etc.)

And, because Kath started talking about dreams, I wondered Do you think dreams mean something?
Back to top Go down
Beth
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:58 am

Hmm, well if I could see one point, it'd be my death date. If it was resonably old, I'd be happy and live life to the full, but if it was relativly young I'd avoid doing any such activities that could provoke lets say a 'horrible' death on that day.

As for dreams, well, I don't think they really ,do have a meaning, I've heard a lot of random ideas such as 'paranormal reachinhg out to us' or 'God reaching out to us' but I think that it's just our mind daydreaming, or should I say nightdreaming. I think our mind is never put to rest until the day we die, cause you can't think of 'nothing' What is 'nothing' anyway? Well, I think its just our mind sorting through our emotions and our thoughts of the day, possibly mixing them together or making something new up, and if we're in a state of not so deep sleep we'll be able to process the meaning to remember it when we wake up. (I usually dream when I'm half asleep in the morning)
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:55 am

I wouldn't want to see into the future because I would always be living knowing what was going to happen - where's the excitment in that?!

I don't think I would want to know anything as it would totally change the way I live my life. There's no way I could know my death date because even though Im not scared of death or dying, it would definitely affect the way I live, and I would always be wondering if what I was doing was going to lead to my death in some way!

I guess I wouldnt like to know any specifics - maybe something general like the country I was going to live in, but then I guess there's not much point in knowing if it isnt a specific thing that I'm finding out!!

Great questions though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, but possibly dreams show ways our life could be if we made different decisions. Or more likely, how our lives would be if certain things happened that we wanted (that would be those good dreams that you wish would come true) I had a dream like that just the other day. *sigh* I hate them though cause they make we wish reality wasn't so harsh!

I think sometimes people think dreams mean something because they can find a pattern in random things (there's a word for that, not that I know it!) and they can link back to something completely unconnected that they dreamt about and suddenly see a connection. I love dreams, tis truely a time where our minds can go out of control. I like to see what I can come up with!

Very true, I'd probably not bother knowing. I would find out in the process anyway, and life is a surprise for us. Why ruin it?

Seeing into the future makes me think about time travel. Oh, and that's just reminded me, about Simon Cowell apparently wanted to freeze his body to preserve it for the future.

What do you think about people freezing their bodies, in the hope that in the future they will be able to be revived? Do you think that's ever going to be possible?

To be honest, I think it's quite arrogant to think that people would want to bring you back to life. So many people have died without this chance, so why should we start now? Soon they'll be no point in breeding because we could live forever! Equally, I don't even believe it would be possible. I believe after death your soul is sent to heaven, so if you were revived, then where is your soul? Stolen away from heaven? :S What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I dont think we should be frozen when we die... it would just be weird, and I'm sure that once you die, your body will never be the same again even if it was brought back to life after years and years. I dunno, just its very weird and quite scary to think about it. PLUS if you die old you will stay old forever... and well, surely you'd die again if you died from a disease because it would still be in you etc? Lol if that makes sense. I wanna live this life to the full otherwise people will take it for granted if they could live forever.
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:16 am

Yea I agree, I'm not sure if it would even be scientifically possible to freeze your body. Well, that might be possible but it's the defrosting thats probably incredibly dangerous, you would have to do it so so so slowly as otherwise it would be like having frostbite over your whole body!! ew...
Back to top Go down
Beth
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Death is a process of life. We shouldn't mess with it.
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Totally agree Smile
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah me too - it is possible to freeze them, currently. I dont know if they've thought out the defrosting process as of yet. As for dying from a disease you had, people would be freezing their body in the hope that when they are defrosted they have found a cure for the disease they had (like cancer and such). This means that young people with such diseases could possibly be frozen and then defrosted in the future and cured. Thus enabling them to live a long and more fulfilled live.

Although if this happens, then the person would probably find it quite hard to adapt to the social and technological changes that had occurred in the process. But in a way it could save lives...
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Sounds too complicated to me.
Back to top Go down
Beth
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:37 pm

This might sound mean...but if you've got a disease, thats life. As I said before, we shouldn't mess with it. We were born that way, we die that way...
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:33 am

Lol, love your frankness Beth Razz buts it so true Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial Questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: D'Nash UK :: :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: