:: D'Nash UK ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: D'Nash UK ::

The D'Nash UK Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Controversial Questions

Go down 
+4
marcella
Danielle
ChicaBonita
punkred
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

Controversial Questions Empty
PostSubject: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Hey guys!

I was just gonna post this in another thread, but thought it deserved a thread of its own!

A previous comment I read, made me wonder - how many of you guys think that 'the school years' are the best years of your life? I though it would be quite interesting to hear everyone's views about this, and other questions, as we have all experienced different things and that.

Another one that has been puzzling me, and I'm just gonna post it now, so you can reply to either question (or both) in your post, otherwise I'll forget, but...What do you think is the 'meaning of life'?

So yeah, post your views here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Concerning the school question, I personally felt that it was the best time of my life so far in that I've had an awful lot of cr*p to get through the past two years that I've been at college, although mostly unrelated to college.
I loved the social aspect of school, being in classes with your mates most days, I loved my form tutor, the feeling of security and familiarity and eventually being the top of the school Cool
I also sometimes feel that those years will continue to be the best years of my life as everything gets so flippin' hard when you grow up, and that innocence and not having much to do never comes back.
BUT, I've got so much planned that hopefully my life will be better Rolling Eyes

And the meaning of life...I have no idea Laughing
I had to write an essay on that for RE, and spouted some rubbish about it, but can't remember what I said, I just rambled.
I think it's hard if you don't believe in God (I'm not religious, but believe there's SOMETHING) to work out the meaning because it's so random, why are we here?
I dunno...I'll have a think about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:02 am

No, school was the worst years of my life - so much stress to get work completed and not having enough time to relax at home, because by the time you've got in, showered, eaten etc, it's time to do coursework and then before you get chance to do anything else you've gotta go to bed. I'm happier now having left school, than I've ever been. You're free to do what you want when you've left school, as in choose what career you have, what you do next etc

Dunno about second question...

What do you think, Rhiannon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveandlovemusic.com
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Well surely school provides the starting point in you choosing your career path?

As I've basically only been in school so far, it would be pretty hard for it not to be the best years of my life. I loved primary school, but have always had to put up with problems (as you can't be liked by everyone). I wish I could go back there, as there never seemed to be so many problems, or stress, as you said. But secondary school, you become more independent, and kind of find yourself for the first time (I spose that's more applicable at Uni). I hate my school, but I do enjoy school in general. Now I've started my A Levels, it's like my studies are really important as they are specific to me now (more so than GCSEs) so it feels as though I have some sort of direction now, rather than floating around (metaphorically, thank God!). But with that, comes all the stress, and the realisation how repetative life is going to be. As I feel with any job, it would be the same thing, day in, day out. There are very few jobs when you do something different each day, which makes it really important that you choose the right career path and subjects to study, as they really narrow your opportunities in the future. So I'm not sure if that answers the question, but that's kinda the point of this thread.

Right, and as for the meaning of life...I think that we are not supposed to know the meaning of life, which is why it is such a huge question (like understanding what is beyond our solar system, and things like that). I also think that the meaning of life is different for each person, some are here to entertain, listen etc. which would mean that we make our own meaning to life. A lot of people say that the meaning of life is to suffer, but I believe suffering is as a result of the choices we make. I understand why people would say we can't know, or if without a religion then the meaning is very unclear. But I believe it is something we are supposed to debate, like science vs. religion, and the creation of the Earth, and well, matter and mass...
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 2:01 am

Personally, if you know what you want to do and want it bad enough (and obviously work for it!) then A Levels and a degree mean nothing unless you want to become a doctor/teacher/dentist etc. It's experience and perseverance that matter, and getting yourself out there, rather than a qualification (although it does prove you can work hard etc etc but still I believe it's not essential in getting a good job, at all).
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Oh God...I look like I've written an essay! That took forever.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying, as it matters what kind of person you are, moreso than what it written on your CV. But school on a personal level is probably pretty good - I mean you don't have to worry too much about taxes, mortgages, loans and what-not. And without school, it would be pretty hard to meet new people (especially for shy people who barely speak to people at school anyway)
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 2:51 pm

True... I've actually met most of my best friends online, as weird as it sounds, but I know they're true friends who'll I'll know forever, as I've met them at gigs and stuff. I wouldn't call someone I haven't met a best friend tho Laughing That's just stupid lol
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah...some people think the whole talking to someone online thing is so great...they don't really have an actual connection until they have met, in my eyes. As it really it quite easy to act differently online. I mean, some people on here would never talk to each other usually, but the internet has brought us together...like we wouldn't even know each other existed unless it was for the internet.

I met someone online, who became my best friend, but that's all kind of complicated. But, the point was, that the majority of my friends are people from school, but I haven't really done anything else to meet anyone else, as when I did karate, I made a friend, and now we both go to the same school...which defeats the object, lol!
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Well I feel I had a connection with my friend Laura when I spoke with her online, but since I met her we're a lot closer obviously and now I don't consider her as an online friend... it's hard to explain hmm... but I make a lot of friends via band/artist forums etc as we have something in common then. Also, I met a band at a gig once, not a fan of them, but decided to join their forum and there was someone on there who was in the same school as me at the time - weird!
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Although I'd rather meet someone, and then talk to them online, aswell, as then you really know if you'd actually get on face-to-face.

How can you deal with so many forums? I'm on this one quite a lot. And I used to always be on the EM one, but not so much anymore, as there were so many members, it was hard to get a post in sideways! Now I just post occasionally. I've still posted on there more than I have here though...Anyhoo, that's not what this topic is for!
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

I only go on this one, the InterNASHional one, the nashfans ones for info, and then another one, but that's it really.

Personally, I think everyone hates school and only go to see their friends and because, well, they have to go - for an education... so I don't think it's the best years of your life - maybe they mean the years that you are at school, like being a child, but not actually school life itself. School life for most people includes bullying, peer pressure, stress, exams, work overload, friendship problems, not being allowed independance/freedom, and you kinda 'find out who you are' I guess, early-mid teenage years are the most difficult.
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:25 pm

I never thought about it in the way that it is specific to age rather than situation. That's a good idea!

It's true, school does mean all of those things, but it's those issues and the way we deal with them which molds us into the people we are.

I agree, we do kind of find ourselves when at school, but probably more so after finishing school, because this is when you really become independant..
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah actually I agree with finding yourselves after school. I knew what career I wanted in year 10 but work experience put me off (interior design) and then sort of around end of year 10, I wanted to go into music, after going to lots of gigs and seeing how things were backstage and stuff like that too, I enjoyed the event organisation side of stuff aswell, and now I feel I'm on the right track, had a few job offers within the last couple of months so fingers crossed... I've not been properly employed yet, just done my own thing at the moment... I'd refuse to work in a shop, call me snobby but I think I'd get so bored lol. Long hours for crap pay in the same environment 24/7 Neutral
Back to top Go down
marcella
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
marcella

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 pm

wow this is deep lol
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:22 pm

LOL, I love these conversations, but shame there isn't more of us on here to have a proper discussion haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah I really love them too, it's really nice to hear what other people think! Especially about such unanswerable questions!

Yeah...I mean it's not like you need to know what you're talking about to post here!! Lol, as I think we've kind of shown.

I've thought of another question while typing that: Do you think there are other life forms out in space, other than us?

I think that, sanely, there should be. And I believe that there are. Possibly in our solar system, but more likely somewhere else. There's so much out there, it would be amazing if our Earth was the only planet that was inhabitable (that's probably spelt wrong!)

What do you guys think? (About this or the other questions...or another question you'd like to throw in here for discussion)
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Maybe...but not like weird martians or aliens with big bulging eyes. That's just too hollywood
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 8:02 pm

What do you think about the other questions, Lareb?

What is the meaning of life? and Do you think your school years are the best years of your life?

It would be nice to hear your views on them too Smile
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

OMG about the 'alien' question... there was this UFO sighting in Birmingham, UK, and there's a video of it on MSN homepage... it's well weird Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Yeah, i saw that! It was freakaay Shocked

The meaning of life, erm... I have thought about this before, but didnt find an answer. So yeah Laughing

The school one... School is the only thing i have experience in my life, so i cant really say if they are the best days or not, but my Dad is always telling me that his were, and that i should make the most of mine. I have to say that i'm not really looking foward to life after education, with the worry of finances etc.

Other life forms... Well i think that there have to be, somewhere. There is no way that we are the only society in space. There must be other cirumstances where life can evolove just like it has done here. I don't think that there are giant green blobs with zapper guns out there, but i think there is something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm

The meaning of life?
Hmmm just to live i suppose. To the best of your ability.

Do you think your school years are the best years of your life?
Well i'm still at school and so at the moment my answer is no. Especially since i'm supposed to be doing coursework right now . I love school life...my friends and everything but i don't think school itself is going to be the best part of life.

I hope i ahven't bored you Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Of course you haven't bored us! It's always interesting to hear other views.

I had an astronomy lecture today, which got me thinking about the other life-forms question.

I won't go into much detail, because it's all about the chemistry and particle physics of it (and that really would be boring for you!) but it is thought that the Earth is only inhabitable because of our Moon (creating tides and other chemicals and what-not). And it was just by chance that 2 planets were travelling at certain speeds and their orbits were aligned at a certain angle that resulted in our Earth and our Moon.

And the probability of the development of everything on Earth and everything before that happening as it has to form our planet and ourselves is so small.

Anyway, the important bit (if you've been bothered to read up to here): I still think that there is something else out there, because the Universe is so large. But they would be so different to anything we can imagine. It may take us an extremely long time for us (or them) to find, because the chances of similar events taking place is so slim...I still believe it's possible though.
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Aaaw thank you, that's really kind!

I agree with you about their being something out there. But the thing is Earth is the only place habitable for us but that doesn't mean that other lifeforms have to live on a place like Earth or be like us. Does that make any sense whatsoever?
Back to top Go down
marcella
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
marcella

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:35 pm

a ufo? in brum? they probably just saw lareb lol!
and as for the meaning of life- ummm... hows about d'nash?!?!
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 2:05 pm

That hurt Moz

iOooh D'nash...good answer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversial Questions   Controversial Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversial Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
:: D'Nash UK :: :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: