:: D'Nash UK ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: D'Nash UK ::

The D'Nash UK Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Learning Spanish

Go down 
+5
punkred
marcella
L Dean
ChicaBonita
Danielle
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Feel free to share any Spanish phrases you know here or if you don't know what something means, just put it here and we can all help each other improve Wink

If anyone wants anything translated, I'll happily do it if I have time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveandlovemusic.com
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Same here, I'll help! Very Happy
How is your Spanish coming Danielle? Are ya fluent yet? Wink Very Happy

I swear mine's gonna seep out of my brain over the holidays Shocked
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Awww, well I've not got a Spanish teacher now... in fact, it never really worked out, so I've been chatting to Spanish people online and stuff on msn and having proper conversations so I am semi-fluent with a computer and the odd mistake Laughing What about you? But stick me in front of a Spanish person and I'll be like errrm... what do I say? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Lol yeah I talk online and stuff, watch spanish telenovelas and tv, read spanish, listen to spanish music (obviously). I had weekly convos with a spanish person who came into my college to practise, and towards the end we good communicate quite well Laughing And my time in Spain was...eventful lol!
But my written and reading is definately better, but I will miss formal learning for the next few months Sad
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:42 pm

I wish i coud learn Spanish at school...we do french and german at my school but i've been nagging my teacher for an extra curricular spanish club so hopefully next year i'll be able to communcate in spanish!!!
Back to top Go down
marcella
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
marcella

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:01 pm

geek labaz geek

but ill come too lola
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm

It's a shame Spanish isn't a more popular language in schools... they always seem to have French and German but not always Spanish despite it being the 3rd most spoken language in the world! (after English and Chinese).
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah, I heard that as well...although there's different types of Spanish, which makes 'Spanish' seem more widely spoken that the Spanish you learn in school...
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm

True, but it's all similar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 8:35 pm

punkred wrote:
Yeah, I heard that as well...although there's different types of Spanish, which makes 'Spanish' seem more widely spoken that the Spanish you learn in school...

Well not really, the Spanish you learn in school is "castellano", which is spoken in the majority of places in Spain as the official language (did an essay about it for my A-level), and is also spoken in South America.
The Spanish of SA and Spain are like British English and American English, still understandable, and that's the Spanish that is the third most spoken.
Catalan on the other hand is only spoken in Cataluna...And Valenciano in Valencia, Gallego in Galicia etc...

Sorry if that makes no sense Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Yeah doesn't Ony speak slightly different Spanish to the other guys, because he's from Valencia, or does he not? I don't really notice, it's all similar to me.
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow it all sounds really complicated!
Me and Marcella think Ony speaks a bit different because in En Medio when they're all singing 'como yo' at the end, Ony sings it 'como jo'

Or maybe it's our imaginations Laughing
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Oh right, thanks!

Anything is easier than English...aside from French!

It's so annoying that Spanish gets barely any notice, despite it being so huge across the world.
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:04 pm

That is true and plus Spanish sounds way better than German and French put together!!
Back to top Go down
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah, it's just so flowy...(yes, that's not a word, i know ¬.¬). Every sound is just so kinda, i dunno how to put it, but I spose you will understand anyway (hoping you will anyway!)

Btw, I'm not an expert on the whole Spanish thing, but I think the way Ony sings in En Medio De La Calle is just a matter of pure pronunciation (probably spelt wrong...) as some people say 'yo' and some say 'jo'...but as I say, I'm probably not right. I have never know what to say, as I have heard both.
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:13 pm

German is a really ugly, and harsh sounding, language don't you think?
and French is really sort of 'nasal-sounding' and I dunno, it's quite complicated, but Spanish is sort of pretty. Very Happy and Lareb, yeah I think you're right, he does have a slightly different pronounciation. It's like someone from up North in England would say 'baaath' whereas in the south we would say 'barth' or similar... it's just different regions have different dialects.
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Heya,
Yeah they all have varying pronunciations, although they're all southern so they have the southern accent.
The "j" sound for "y" is simply what happens when spaniards say it fast, like if you say "me llamo" people may say "jamo".
They don't have the Spanish lisp either, if you get what I mean Laughing
Erm, anything else...nothing else for the time being, although because Basty is from Cadiz he misses a lot of his "s"s, my spanish convo teacher was from there and did it all the time, it made it sound a bit abrupt.

About Ony and Valenciano, I'm not sure, I'm sure he'd use a different kind of slang, but valenciano in itself is actually a different language, similar to aragonese (from Aragon).

Anything else...can't remember Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Wow Rach, you are like super clued up on the Spanish language! Very Happy

I hate the German language... but it sounds a lot like English, and its pips Laughing Thats the only reason i chose to do it for gcse. Razz Ja... ich finde es nicht gut! xD

I love listening to Spanish and Italian, its so preeeetty Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 pm

I notice they say Gracia, instead of Gracias yeah... Mikel and Basty mainly, but I think they all do it? I do it too actually, prefer saying it, it's easier haha, and some pronounce the 'c' as a 's' and some Spanish people say 'th'

Oh yeah, Italian is nice too! but I don't know many words...

I know, Rach is the expert haha (and Ana, obviously...)
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Danielle wrote:
I notice they say Gracia, instead of Gracias yeah... Mikel and Basty mainly, but I think they all do it?

To varying degrees.
People from Seville and Cadiz do it more, it's horrible when they're using the 2nd person and missin their s's grrr!
But funny when they say "esta" like "ethta"...or something like that.
I know Mikel does it quite a lot, but his accent seems to me to be a lot softer...dunno why Laughing
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Just edited my post, but you're too quick haha

I find Ony quite hard to understand sometimes, because of his accent, he seems to talk a bit faster, it's just not what I'm used to. Mikel definitely has the easiest accent for me to pick up what he's saying, and I think Basty and Javi are fairly easy to understand too.
Back to top Go down
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Danielle wrote:
I notice they say Gracia, instead of Gracias yeah... Mikel and Basty mainly, but I think they all do it? I do it too actually, prefer saying it, it's easier haha, and some pronounce the 'c' as a 's' and some Spanish people say 'th'

Oh yeah, Italian is nice too! but I don't know many words...

I know, Rach is the expert haha (and Ana, obviously...)

That's called "Senseo", mainly in Seville.
And I'm not an expert, I just know a lot about nothing...Rolling Eyes

But yeah Ony is harder I think, then Basty, then Javi, and then Mikel is the easiest, although I'm not that used to the Canarias accent Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 pm

The only different that i can pick up on is their actual voices Laughing
Javi talks sooooo fast! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Kath wrote:
The only different that i can pick up on is their actual voices Laughing
Javi talks sooooo fast! Shocked

Lol I'm somewhat used to the Seville accent because of my travels, and the Cadiz accent because of my teacher so they're not too bad.
But they do talk incredibly fast, they say there's no evidence that foreign-language people talk faster but I reckon they do Shocked
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Oh yeah, I'd actually say Basty is easier to understand than Javi... I think, I'm not sure, I'd have to be in front of all 4 of them to properly decide which order lol

Well... it depends really... I don't think they speak that fast. Someone was on the phone, when I went to Cadiz last month, and their convo was pretty slow, but then when you get 2 waiters gabbling on to each other it's like Shocked woah, so depends I guess... English is a more harder sounding language so we can't say it as fast whereas Spanish kinda flows well so it seems quicker, I guess. Javi speaks well fast tho, in some interviews I've seen on Youtube...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learning Spanish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning Spanish   Learning Spanish Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning Spanish
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next