:: D'Nash UK ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: D'Nash UK ::

The D'Nash UK Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola Empty
PostSubject: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:57 am

Wednesday 17th September
Flew out from Gatwick to Malaga on Wednesday morning... shame it wasn't a CelebAir flight haha, but anyway when I got there I got picked up from the airport by the event organisers, and got driven to the 4 star hotel in Torremolinos. It was really nice, very Spanishy but sort of new/modern at the same time. Very Happy Got unpacked and had a rest (I hadn't slept for 2 days straight!)... then I went to meet my friend Cynthia who I met out in Spain in April at the first D'Corazon event. We just chatted for a bit, mainly in English because she wanted to practise, was quite funny though because we ran out of things to say so we just sat there laughing. Anyway can't really remember what else happened that day...

Thursday 18th September
On Thursday, got up early to go down for breakfast with Cynthia and her parents. Then we wandered round the hotel for a bit waiting for everyone else to turn up in the early afternoon. Gradually more and more people turned up and the hotel started to get very busy. We met up with Cynthia's friends who I also met at the last event, and sat in their apartment for a bit, just chatting. Then we went to the local shop while the girls went to get some food supplies lol, and as they were paying, a load of guys walked in and I swear I thought they were familiar, then I realised it was the English band 10 Reasons To Live. I said to Cynthia 'la banda inglesa' and she was telling her friends and they all just stopped and stared haha, then we went back to the hotel. My friend Ana, and Adilia, turned up later in the afternoon, so we went to their apartment while they got unpacked, and just chatted for a while. Then it was off to get ready for the dance class. The guys walked out of the hotel to the car park and everyone went crazy lol. We all got onto the coaches and it was off to the Palacio de la Paz in Fuengirola.

The auditorium was amazing, I was really impressed. Anyway the dance classes got going but I didn't really feel like doing it and had to keep an eye on my bag which had all my money, passport and everything in it, so I stood at the side and took a few videos. To give you an example of what it was like, here's a video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7JGhtOvNdvw

Then we all had to split up into 4 groups and I was in Basty's... we sat down for a chat and Basty saw me and was like 'sorry' haha, coz everyone knows he's not too good with English. Anyway Ana was translating some parts because I couldn't understand everything. Basically we were taught the opening routine to their concerts, which was the song 'Sigueme' which you can see here... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mJVxh7_b29o although it's not a great video as it was only the trial run through stages and a lot of waiting for the music to get going. It was sort of a competition to see which of the guys' groups did the best... Basty was like 'tengo la inglesa en mi grupo' and everyone laughed, because again we knew what he's like with English.

Later on we went back to the hotel in the coach to have dinner. The guys also ate in the restaurant so they were getting mobbed when they went to choose food at the buffet haha. I was getting some food and bumped into Mikel (luckily not literally lol) so anyway I said hi and he was like 'hi, how are you?... You are here' I was like 'yeah...' haha that was funny. Laughing anyway I sat down at the table with Ana and later on went to get some ice cream. I came back and Basty had come over and was stood next to our table chatting to Ana about something... They were saying in person I'm quiet but online I'm a 'crack' haha, in Spanish I think it means 'gem' ?? lol

Anyway Basty was like 'how are you?' so I just said 'muy bien' lol, it was nice he was making an effort with his English as most Spanish people don't like to bother... then it was off to Fuengirola for the pub gig to see 10 Reasons To Live. There was some confusion about coaches so we all went to the train station but missed the last one and had to go back to the hotel to catch a taxi. By the end of the night, it had cost us 60 euros to go there and back. Shocked The pub gig was good though, the band were excellent, really loud and crazy but good. David, the lead singer, kept jumping out into the audience. I was stood right in front of the stage, it was quite packed in there, and he danced with the girls at the front and was jumping on the seats etc. Ana had to go on stage to do a lot of translating too as most of the people there didn't understand what they were saying haha (except us! haha). Basty and Javi were also there and we got a pic with Basty after. Then we met the 10RTL guys and chatted for a bit. I introduced myself to David who I'd spoken to on myspace, and he was like 'so how the hell did you find out about D'Nash?' and was shocked I'd flown over to see them. We had to go as it was nearly 2am so we caught a taxi back to the hotel and waited for the guys to return as Ana and Adilia wanted to buy a CD. They turned up a bit later on and the guitarist John fell asleep on Ana's shoulder. Was SO funny. They were soooo drunk but very tired. After that I went to bed because the next day was gonna be a busy one! Only had about 2 and a half hours sleep, was shattered the next day! Sad Also met Olivia that day, she's really nice! Very Happy

Friday 19th September
Got up early (again!) for breakfast... in the restaurant Basty was wearing this D'Nash t-shirt which was funny because Ana was like 'eres un groupie' (you are a groupie) haha... we spoke to Mikel briefly too... and then it was off to Fuengirola again for the gymkhana (races and team games etc). We all stood outside waiting for the coaches to arrive, and we were in 3 teams - White for Mikel, Blue for Javi and Black for Basty. I was in Mikel's. We also had to have our arms painted in that colour saying what group we were... so my arms were covered in white face paint lol.

The coach journey was crazy, everyone was singing like chants saying they were gonna win, in tune to D'Nash's songs... was funny though. For example to Amanda, they were singing A-A-zules A-A-zules... ganadores... and stuff lol

At the venue there was more chanting... and then the games began. Loads of people were running around, they had to find a certain number of balls that were hidden around the auditorium. Then our team gathered round Mikel and he asked where I was... he said one of them was missing and wondered if I had it lol just in case I didn't understand they were looking for it... anyway he gave me one of the balls so I could stay in the game lol, aww. I didn't really understand it because there was so many of us and it was hard to keep up what was going on so in the end I just took photos and chatted to a few people. Also, this little girl went up to Javi and gave him a lollipop, was SO sweet, she was so cute! But Mikel's team won - yay! Very Happy

Then it was back to the hotel, where I got cleaned up lol, and went to meet my friend George who flew over from London to see 10 Reasons To Live. He was saying how Chico had checked him in on his CelebAir flight earlier that day haha Laughing We met the 10RTL out by the pool. I said hi to John and he was like 'oh - la!' (they kept saying hola like that, so funny!) and then he was like 'Emily?' and trying to speak in Spanish and I was like 'I'm English!!' and he kept calling me Emily lol. I was like 'Danielle!' haha. Sat around chatting for a while, then I went to have some food. Came back and the pool had closed, everyone had gone Rolling Eyes so I phoned George and he said to look up and he was stood above in David's balcony, so he came down and we stood chatting for a bit. George went back upstairs while I waited around in the reception area. Ony came walking past and was about to go into the restaurant when he saw me and came over, and was like 'hola wapa, que tal? bueno, no?' Was nice he stopped to talk as most bands wouldn't do that Very Happy

After that we had to go back in the coaches again to Fuengirola for the acoustic concert! I had front row and I have to say I was completely gobsmacked. It was amazing, best concert I've ever been to. They completely raised the bar with acoustic performances of a lot of their songs, including solos and duets together. A lot of people were crying too as it was Ony's 2nd last gig with the band, and his solo performance was really emotional. At the end of the gig, one person from each province of Spain (or in some cases country - e.g. England, Finland and America), had to get a rose and give it to one of the guys depending on what colour it was. So we all lined up to go on stage while they announced our names and where we were from... mine was red so I had to give it to Basty, went on stage and greeted each of the boys and then we waited at the other end until everyone had finished. When I saw Mikel he thanked me for coming! Very Happy I was nervous going on stage though lol so probably made a bit of a prat of myself. Embarassed Laughing Right at the very end, Johno and Craig (from 10RTL) came up with roses to give to the boys, as a joke, was so funny! lol

Saturday 20th September
Saturday was the photo session. Again, I'd only had about 3hrs sleep as had to get up early!!! Off to Fuengirola we went and lined up to get some photos done with the guys. Had 2 group ones, and chatted for a little bit. Mikel was like 'are you tired?' and I was like yeah, then he said 'so are we!'... Mikel asked if I liked the concert and I said 'yeah, I loved your solo performances too' and he translated it to the guys Very Happy and then we were told to go back again and get one with each of the members because they'd forgotton to tell the people who went in first.

Then I sat around with Ana and we chatted for a while. The coaches were there so a lot of people left but I stayed behind as I was waiting for George to turn up with 10RTL for soundcheck, but there was some confusion and I ended up having to leg it all the way down Fuengirola market for about 10mins in the heat, JUST caught the last coach back to the hotel, with like 10 seconds to spare. Shocked Got back to the hotel, and went to find George, then he had to go back to his house so I sat around the pool with the 10RTL guys chatting. They kept teasing me lol was funny, and then I went to have dinner and get ready for the gig. 10RTL were on first and they were amazing, really good atmosphere and they went down so well. They just filled the auditorium with their music - the sound was brilliant. Then there was this weird hairdressers thing where 3 stylists and models came on and they were doing makeovers, as like a sponsor for the event, took soooooo long and hair was flying everywhere. Eww! lol.

Finally D'Nash came on to do their performance with a full band. Was really, really good! I was front row so could almost touch their feet lol and there were moments when the guys would look down into the audience and just sing straight to you. Everyone was crying again though coz it was Ony's final performance this time. Olivia went on stage to give Ony a microphone too, and the other 3 got some cuddly toy dogs lol.

Stood around chatting to 10rtl's manager and also got a photo with the band... they were drunk lol and saw me and was like 'ohh we like a bit of English' lol Laughing Back to the hotel again, and up early the next day ready for the signing/presents.

Sunday 21st September
Went to meet the guys and Basty greeted me and I gave him some messages from their international fans. Also gave them a D'Nash UK phone sock each lol. I chatted to Javi briefly and had a longer chat with Mikel, but we were moved on pretty quickly. Was so hot in the hotel, so went outside to get a drink. Came back later and said goodbye to my friends as the coaches were leaving. After all the fans had left, I went back into reception. Basty walked back in and hugged me, then I said goodbye to all the guys later on. Some exciting times ahead for D'Nash! They're even more determined to succeed, which is good to hear! So keep on supporting them MORE THAN EVER Wink Then I went to my room for a sleep - was knackered! Shocked Had dinner and then walked around the hotel taking some final pics... saw one of the 10rtl guys and their manager and said hi, then I went on the Internet to catch up with my emails and to waste a bit of time. 10rtl were leaving so I said goodbye and then it was off to get packed. Up early the next day and off to Malaga airport! So pleased I did that by myself though, as I've never flown alone before. Great experience! Cool

It was an amazing event. Very Happy

Videos here - http://uk.youtube.com/user/DNashUK
Uploading more gradually every day so keep checking back, or better still, subscribe! Wink

Last edited by Danielle on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveandlovemusic.com
mikelfan4eva
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
mikelfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 am

glad you had a good time. it was good of ony to stop and talk to you Very Happy

did they like the phone sock?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mikelfan4eva
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 6:13 pm

Omg sounds like you had a fantastic time!

I'm in awe of you!!
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 7:12 pm

It sounds like it was absolutely amazing!
Thanks for sharing D Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah it was, I missed some stuff out, and I can't remember everything because so much happened, but it was amazing! They loved the phone socks yeah Very Happy Unfortunately the present session with Ony was kept quiet so I didn't know when it was and had to give Mikel Ony's book made by the InterNASHionals to Mikel to give to him...

I forgot to say that the English band were calling Javi Howie or Harry and he just went along with it lol, the guys only realised til a few days into the event when I corrected them lol.
Back to top Go down
Kath
Kath

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Howie or Harry xD Laughing
I love the fact that they were drunk a few times lol. Proper rockstar-ish Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dnashrocks
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Haha yeah drunk at flippin' mid day! lol
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 pm

thanks Danielle - sounds like you had an incredible time! i wish i could meet the boys Smile
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm sure you will one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola   My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola Empty

Back to top Go down

My write-up of D'Corazon Fuengirola
Page 1 of 1