:: D'Nash UK ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: D'Nash UK ::

The D'Nash UK Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What languages do you speak?

Go down 
+7
Talitha
LiverpoolFan#9
punkred
mikelfan4eva
prettyintelligentgirl
Danielle
ChicaBonita
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChicaBonita
D'Nash Crazy
D'Nash Crazy
ChicaBonita

What languages do you speak? Empty
PostSubject: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Rightho peepy peoples, here's something that will aid my curiosity Very Happy
Basically I wanna see what languages people have experience with/can speak etc. It's not for a project or anything, just born out of pure nosiness of my part pig
Here's the questions:
What languages can you speak?
What is your first language?
What languages would you like to learn/learn more?
What languages do you use at home?
What languages do you use in everyday life? (ie in the shops, in school, in public etc)
What/how many languages are you taught at school?
Do you take exams in them?
Are you encouraged to learn other languages and if so which ones?
How good are you in each of the languages you know? (ie whether you can read it but not write, or whatever)

Here's mine:
English, Spanish, and a bit of Romanian
English sire jocolor
I want to become fluent in el espanol, romanian, and then perhaps look at doing romanian or something like that.
English, Spanish if I'm winding my brothers up.
What languages do you use in everyday life? (ie in the shops, in school, in public etc)
Hmmm...that would be English
I was taught Spanish
GCSE, AS and A-level in Spanish
I wouldn't say that I was encouraged at all, it's all been off my own back. So the answer is no.
How good are you in each of the languages you know? (ie whether you can read it but not write, or whatever)
English- fluent Cool
Spanish- pretty good, I can read understanding most of it, can have a conversation, can write pretty well and my listening is not too bad thank you very much.
Romanian- I'm teaching myself, so just the basics atm, only been learning it properly for about 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Danielle
Admin
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Edited my answers a bit Wink

English, Spanish... know a couple of phrases/words in French but have forgotton most. Laughing
English
Become fluent in Spanish, and to learn Italian... No other languages really interest me at the moment. I think Spanish and then Italian sound the prettiest Wink
English... and Spanish on MSN/online, although sometimes I write my notes in Spanish Laughing
English
I learnt French from Year 6 - Year 9, and [properly - with a teacher] Spanish from Year 8 - Year 11, I think.
I did my SATS (years 6 and 9) in French... and GCSE in Spanish (aswell as year 9 SATS)
Not really, it's my own choice to learn Spanish... I wanted to anyway, I knew a bit before I learnt it at school but not loads and loads. My school was a language college though so languages were the most important subjects (pretty much equal to maths, English, science).
English - fluent
Spanish - I'm pretty good now, online I can have a proper conversation in Spanish with hardly any problems (I've been told loads that my Spanish is pretty much perfect Shocked ) lol. Obviously, I still make a few mistakes, but when it comes to writing and translating I'm good at it, but when it comes to Speaking, I always forget Rolling Eyes Probably because it's easier to express what I want to say by writing it without forgetting. Listening, I am ok, although it's quite hard. I have to say tho when I was in Spain, Basty asked me how my journey was, which I've never been asked in my life, and I knew what he said Laughing so I guess I'm kinda good at it but not had much practise at listening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveandlovemusic.com
prettyintelligentgirl
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
prettyintelligentgirl

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 pm

gujarati, english

gujarati

spainsh

gujarati and english

english and sometimes gujarati.

just one which is gujarati

only took gujarati

well depends really gujarati is quite hard cause the letters are so diffcult to read and also wrting as well but speaking is easy so i think i would deffo encouraged to speak gujarati instead writing and reading.

my english is very good lol, gujarati speaking is okay not too bad, but writing and read is really really bad, spainsh started to speak a little made few mistake but keep trying until i get it rite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/hotfanta2002/index.htm
mikelfan4eva
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
mikelfan4eva

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 am

Eglish and a little french

English

Spanish

English

English mainly

1 that was french. i wished i was in the year below they did spainsh (so unfair)

GCSE french and also in SATS

french (in school)

i'm good at reading french but not so good at writing it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/mikelfan4eva
punkred
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed
punkred

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:41 pm

English and Spanish
English
I'd like to become more confident with my Spanish skills, and I'd like to learn a little German - for no particular reason!
Just English with the odd Spanish phrase thrown in!
Only English, aside from when talking to a Spanish teacher. I used to talk to my friend in Spanish, but we've kinda stopped that now...
2 language for Years 7-8, then it's usual that you'll pick 1 to continue to GCSE for 2 years (Years 9-10) but some people take 2, and some take none. Then some continue to AS and A2 for a further 1 or 2 years. I took Spanish and French, and then continued Spanish to GCSE.
Listening and writing exams in both languages in Years 7 and 8, and then listening, reading and oral exams for GCSE and coursework (which counts as the writing part)
We're pushed towards French more then Spanish. We're slowly pushing Italian into the curriculum - but many people think it's not important to learn another language...
Well I should hope my English is pretty good! I'm better at writing and reading Spanish than listening...and speaking is ok - not too confident about that though!
Back to top Go down
LiverpoolFan#9
D'Nash Baby
D'Nash Baby
LiverpoolFan#9

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 pm

English and German!!
English
Spanish!! I barely know anything and would love to speak it!!
English
English
3. German, French and Spanish.
GCSE's and end of year exams e.t.c.
Chinese!! Really random...
Well i'm fluent in English (obviously..), and i'd say that i can read, write and speak German all at the same sort of level!!
Back to top Go down
Talitha
Talitha

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 am

What languages can you speak?english,spanish,russian, german and a bit of french
What is your first language?english
What languages would you like to learn/learn more?russian, im not fluent
What languages do you use at home?english, spanish,russian
What languages do you use in everyday life? (ie in the shops, in school, in public etc)english
What/how many languages are you taught at school?1 now
Do you take exams in them?yes
Are you encouraged to learn other languages and if so which ones?russian (family)
How good are you in each of the languages you know? (ie whether you can read it but not write, or whatever) i can read and write in all of them . im quite good
Back to top Go down
marcella
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
marcella

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 6:06 pm

english german french italian russian (lol) and bit a spanish and irish
english
spanish, german, albanian, bosnian, all the weird little ones like lichtensteinian etc, and irish
english
english, german, spanish, french
german and i did french and italian and went to russian club for 1 week!!!!! lolage
german gcse
no. me and lareb tried to get a spanish club at our school council thing but it didn't even get passed class council lol. our school only likes computing and pe
english- v good suprisingly
german- ok
french- not too bad
italian- perfect does not describe it
spanish- all the stuff in songs plus stuff from our spanish quotes of the week that we put in our classroom, plus a bit more
russian- priv yet, thats it
irish- various random words
Back to top Go down
L Dean
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
L Dean

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:00 am

English, Mirpuri (dialect really), French, bit of German and Italian and trying Spanish and Russian
English and Mirpuri
Spanish!
English and Mirpuri
English mostly
French, German and used to have Latin
GCSE French for me Smile
Russian and Italian
How good are you in each of the languages you know?
Okay
Back to top Go down
destin139
D'Nash Fan Total
D'Nash Fan Total
destin139

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 am

English, French and German
English
I want to be able to speak French fluently and of course Spanish!!
English
English
I was taught French and German and Latin (but i dont think that counts!)
yep, gcse in french and german and i wish i had done french a-level
yea, at school we had to take at least 1 for gcse
my german is dodgy, my french is quite good at all levels but would love to be fluent!!!!
Back to top Go down
Beth
D'Nash Obsessed
D'Nash Obsessed

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:19 pm

English, and a bit of Spanish

English

Spanish!

English

English

Spanish

Yes

French and German

I can write small paragraphs of spanish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What languages do you speak?   What languages do you speak? Empty

Back to top Go down

What languages do you speak?
Page 1 of 1